Thursday, July 31, 2008

Musing on Sloths

We just watched a movie:

"Ice Age, The Meltdown"

I love that quote where the tiger insists the sloth is a part of the herd because he is "the sticky, gooey stuff that holds this herd together."

That's me in a nutshell. Sticky, gooey, syrupy. Holds this herd together--even though we are each very different. More different than any other family, yet we run together as one herd.

The first time I saw a real sloth, it was hanging onto a branch being carried by two Mosquito Indians in Nicaragua. The sloth was their dinner. He was captured by the men sawing off the branch he was hanging from. No cage or ropes required, he was just hanging on.

The current book I am reading is:

"The Gaslight Effect
learn how to stop letting other people get inside your head, tell you what to think, shake your judgement, sabatoge your self-esteem, make you question your grip on reality."
by Dr. Robin Stern.

It seems a lot of us give other people the power to carry us away, without putting up any resistance. They only have to saw off the branch we are hanging from.

I love the Sloth Song from the movie. I put the song on my playlist. Here's a link:

http://media.imeem.com/m/umgmrzE1th

I want to be dancing and singing like I am living in a melting world about to be flooded and it is my last chance for joy. Care to join me?

No comments: