Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Love Poem


I no longer see the person this was written for.
I keep a journal sometimes.  Going through it, I decided to post this poem I wrote.
My writing reminds me what was lost but was created when two agreed to try to love another.  
This poem is a testimony that not all was wasted, and there is a new resonance in my heart that nothing else could teach.


What It Feels Like To Love

I live to see the love in your eyes,
I love having you to give my love to,
It makes it all worthwhile, to share, to be shared,
to be used up in
The fire of loving and being loved.
The air is sweeter breathed by two,
The earth feels so solid and true walked on by two,
The water flows like music feels,
The sun shines iridescent sparkles in the reflections seen together,
Only the heart sees what is important.
The senses are service to the soul through the heart.
In your arms, nothing moves but that we move.
Time depends on touching you.
As we kiss, unaware, objects swirl into being and disappear.

No comments: