Thursday, August 14, 2008

What to do for Sprains, Strains, Backache, Bruises


Boericke & Tafel

Arniflora Arnica Gel


This stuff is the best thing in my medicine cabinet. Next to Tylenol, it is the best thing for a sprained ankle. I once sprained my ankle in the middle of moving our home to a new flat. I was able to finish moving.


This stuff is a clear gel, with no real odor (if you really try, it kinda smells like green tea.) It doesn't stain clothing, and doesn't burn or cause any kind of side effect. I put it on about twice a day by rubbing it into the swollen areas around my ankle. I spent 3 more days packing, and moving and carrying boxes with no trouble.


I have recommended it to a person who had whiplash from a car accident, and it helped within 3 days. I recommended it to someone who had a back injury that was 4 years old, and had recently gotten much worse so that the person couldn't work (lifting 50lbs was part of the job.) That person was able to go back to work within a week.


You can't take it internally or put it on a cut or open wound. But its good for ankle, knee, hip, back and neck strains, sprains and bruises. It seems to help with inflammation, and is somewhat antibacterial, and also promotes healing.


It's non-prescription, and doesn't interfere with other medications you might need.


I was thinking about this when we were watching the Olympics last night. I hope all the athletes have at least tried it or know about it. I have used it for over 20 years, and it has always worked.

No comments: